Hi Ho Hi Ho it’s off to the Rhyl Pavilion we go for this year’s Snow White panto…
Darwin HQ were invited to get a sneak peek of this year’s panto cast at the Rhyl Pavilion which will mark the 22nd year of pantomimes at the coastal theatre.
We were able to meet some of the cast, see the amazing costumes and get a sense of the excitement (We got quite excited by all the festivities too!)
if you’ve not heard of the snow white story before then here is a little recap…
The magical fairy tale of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs will tell the story of a beautiful princess who charms every creature in the kingdom (including the birds – as you can see below!) apart from one – her jealous step-mother, the Wicked Queen.
When the Magic Mirror proclaims Snow White is the fairest one of all – she has to flee from the Wicked Queen and takes shelter with the lovable Seven Dwarfs. Things take a typical panto turn for the worst when the Queen tricks Snow White to bite into an enchanted apple and the only way to save her is with love’s first kiss.
The 2019 cast includes Sue Holderness as the Wicked Queen, who will be best known and loved by many for playing the hilarious character Marlene, in the hit BBC One sitcom Only Fools and Horses. She also featured in the popular spinoff The Green Green Grass and the successful Still Open All Hours.
Holderness will be joined by Andrew Agnew who will be directing and also playing the role of Muddles, Charles Burden as the one and only Dame called Nursie. Laura Loutit will be taking on her first role following her graduation from Guildford School of Acting in July as the one and only Snow White and Aiden Banyard will be taking on the role of the Prince.
Heading up the Dwarfs will be North Wales’ very own Jay Lusted as Smiler. This will also mark his third pantomime at the Rhyl Pavilion. Jamie Legg, who has featured on Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean, will also be joining the cast as Kip.
Once again local dance schools, The Gay Harris Dancers and The North Wales School of Dance, are returning to be part of the supporting cast.
So get ready for a magical experience, packed with the usual humour, music, outrageous costumes and festive references!
*This competition is now closed*
terms and conditions
– To enter the competition, one must answer the question stated on the Facebook post, tag a friend in the comments and like our competition post.
– Only one entry per person please
– Competition closes at 4pm on Monday 7th October 2019 and a winner will be selected at random
– The winner will be chosen at 4pm and announced by 5pm on Monday 7th October 2019.
– Winner is the tagger, not the tagee (but let’s hope they share the prize!)
– We’ll notify the winner on Facebook and ask them to contact us with their details via private message. They will then be sent details of how to obtain their tickets
– Not open to employees or affiliates Talacre Beach Resort or Darwin Escapes
– The prize is 2 tickets to see Snow White at the Rhyl Pavilion in North Wales on a date of your choice (subject to availability)
– Prize must be claimed via direct message by midnight on Monday 7th October 2019
– Cash alternatives are not available
– Travel and accommodation is not included
– This prize cannot be transferred to any other date or performance
– Tickets cannot be applied retrospectively
– Prize is non-transferable
– The manager’s decision is final
The countdown is now on! Get your tickets to see Snow White at the Rhyl Pavilion from Wednesday 11th December to Tuesday 31st December.
Tickets are priced from just £11 (Super Saver) and family tickets (for 4 people) start at £68, so what are you waiting for?