before your visit
Before you set off to one of our resorts, here’s some information that you need to know…
We always pride ourselves on the high standards we set for cleanliness but we’ve added in extra measures, training, and protocols for your peace of mind this summer. These include the use of electrostatic spray guns, adding additional handwashing facilities around our resorts, and new remote check-in and check-out procedures for our holiday guests.
Find out more below…
arrival and departure information
Check-ins are available from 17:00.
If you are likely to arrive later than this, please call our resort reception team on 01934 742 610 to let them know.
Check-in for selected accommodation is from 14:00, please see your booking confirmation of our check-in time.
Check-out time is at 9:00 am on the day of your departure. We kindly ask that you leave your accommodation as you found it.
additional information about your booking
Please note, we are now only accepting card payments.
If a travel cot is required please contact our reception on XXXXX
Please note travel cots do not fit in any of the double/master bedrooms of the following accommodation; Mendip 2, Mendip 2 Premier, Mendip 3, Mendip 3 Premier, Burrington, Burrington Premier, Allerton Premier, Langford, Langford Premier, Wedmore, Wedmore Premier.
download your resort map
Our resort map helps you find your way around the resort and leads you to your holiday accommodation easily.
Download your own resort map below before you arrive.
important hot tub information
Please note due to water change and maintenance your hot tub may not be up to the correct temperature when you first arrive.
By using the hot tub you are agreeing to Darwin Escapes’ terms and conditions, and agreeing that you have read our hot tub safety information.
The Farm Shop at Cheddar Woods is open however orders will need to be placed by calling reception on 01934 742610. Our Bistro will also be open on certain days/times for outdoor dining. Please note there is limited access and tables are available on a first-come-first-served basis. We’re also offering a delivery service to our guests staying with us. Simply call the number on the menu in your accommodation to make your order and your food will be delivered straight to your door.
Fancy a dip in the pool? Our pool is open however there is limited capacity due to social distancing restrictions. Bookings are essential and can be made by calling reception on 01934 742610.
Please note, opening times are subject to change, there are no changing rooms available and our sauna and steam room remain closed for your safety.
We are offering selected Go Active activities, please be aware that there is limited availability therefore booking is essential. You can book before you arrive or when you are at the resort. To make a booking, please call 01934 742 610.
it’s nearly time to join us…
We can’t wait to welcome you to your Darwin Escapes getaway.
Your self-catering accommodation will still provide everything you need for an enjoyable break but please note, for your safety and peace of mind the following items may not be available in your accommodation: Welcome folder, certain items of crockery (but nothing that will impact your stay), tea and coffee making facilities (excluding kettles), dog bowls, irons, DVD players, board games, travel cots and high chairs.
Still have concerns? Please call our bookings team on 0345 498 6595.
you’re in good hands…
Be sure to take a couple of minutes to watch the video below to see the standards that Darwin Escapes will be adhering to. We want you to enjoy your escape with us whilst maintaining a safe destination for all.
- Our teams receive regular briefings and training on enhanced operating protocols for social distancing and increased hygiene measures.
- We will continue to ensure that all of our accommodation is cleaned to a high standard after each stay and will be sealed for future arrivals.
- All of our cleaning teams use industry-standard cleaning products for the relevant surfaces.
- To increase safety we have introduced electrostatic sprayers to disinfect and sanitise surfaces in our accommodation and communal areas.
- Handwashing facilities or hand sanitiser has been placed in communal areas wherever possible.
We’re also requesting that all our of guests and visitors follow our simple guidelines to ensure everyone is kept safe whilst enjoying a much needed escape with us:
- Wear a face covering at all times in all indoor public areas.
- Stay in your group of no more than six and supervise children.
- Adhere to social distancing measures across the resort and stay 2 metres apart.
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds and use the sanitiser provided.
- Pay close attention to signage giving information and advice.
- Use contactless payment wherever possible.
- Follow any guidance given from our team members to ensure everyone’s safety.