Darwin Escapes boasts two wonderful locations to choose from in Somerset, so you can venture out to visit all the Christmas markets in the area. Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa is ideally placed to visit Glastonbury for the wonderfully unique Frost Faye, as well as a number of local markets filled with festive goodies. Our beautiful Bath Mill Lodge Retreat location is only 2 miles outside of the city centre, so you can enjoy all that the famous Bath Christmas Market has to offer and relax in our countryside oasis resort. Learn more about the Christmas markets in and around Somerset in our post.
Bath christmas market
When: 28th Nov – 15th Dec
Visit the famous Bath Christmas Market and stroll around the transformed historic city for all the best handmade gifts from local makers and national names. There will be delicious food on offer as you stroll through the cobbled streets.
- over 150 chalets
- unique homemade and personalised gifts
- Christmas decorations
- local designers and high street names
- festive food and drink on offer
- food including, caramelised nuts, hog roast and mulled wine
Hestercombe christmas market
When: 15th Nov / Times: 9am – 5pm
Enjoy this annual Christmas market in Somerset, including stalls filled with handmade gifts from local creators and mouth-watering food and drink on offer.
- over 60 festival stalls
- fully decorated Christmas tree
- unusual hand-crafted gifts
- beautiful gifts and delicious treats
- choirs performing carols in the courtyard
- festive food and drink available
the artisan christmas markets
When: 1st – 3rd Nov / Were: The Bishop’s Palace / Times: 10am – 4pm
Visit the stunning Bishop’s Palace and get into the festive spirit in this historical setting. The market is now its 5th year and offers a unique tour around the beautiful rooms of the palace.
- unique and inspirational artisan stalls
- medieval rooms filled with stalls
- large number of local and charity stalls
- handmade and personalist gifts available
- musical performances in The Chapel
- the café will be offering festive food and drink
Glastonbury frost fayre
When: 30th Nov / Where: Glastonbury town / Times: 10am – 7pm
Head to Glastonbury town for a day of celebrating the peace and goodwill of the festive season! There will be entertainment for the children and plenty of shopping too!
- lots of stalls from local makers
- artisan and handmade gifts
- visit Father Christmas and his Elves
- live street entertainment
- all day buskers
- late night shopping on the high street
Wells christmas fair
When: 16th Nov / Where: Wells Town Hall
Wells offers a fantastic festive fair where you can purchase beautiful crafted items and talented local producers. Proceeds are in aid of St Margaret’s Hospice.
- stalls line the streets
- local crafts, hand crafted soaps, jewellery
- printed photography, wooden toys and vintage clothing
- festive food and cakes