We have been partners with Chester Zoo for a number of years and they recently went to the Peak District to visit the team at Rivendale Lodge Retreat.
The team enjoyed a few days training with the Chester Zoo ecology team learning all about the animals and plants we have at resort. The team where very interested in ways in which to grow its populations of certain animals and we also leant about lifecycles and the best way in which we can support them.
This has led to us
- Introducing new habitats.
- Growing established habitats.
- Installing hedgehog housing.
- Installing wildlife cameras.
- Introduced toad and newt patrols in damp weather.
- Adding water butts around facilities building to collect rainwater to refill ponds in hot dry weather.