Darwin Escapes boasts two wonderful locations in the Isle of Wight where you can enjoy a relaxing Christmas break away in the UK. The Isle of Wight is hosting a wide range of Christmas markets and events for you to enjoy this festive season! And with two beautiful locations to choose from, Woodside Coastal Retreat and Woodside Bay Lodge Retreat, you’ll be spoiled for choice with luxurious accommodation. Explore the island and don’t miss out on these fantastic festive Christmas markets…
i love wight christmas market
When: 30th Nov – 1st Dec / Where: The Garlic Farm
The Garlic Farm hosts its annual festive market, with a courtyard full of stalls to marvel at. You’ll be able to find that perfect one-of-a-kind gift for your special someone.
- two rooms indoors and the courtyard of stalls
- locally made crafts, arts and jewellery
- entertainment for all ages
- the Garlic Farm café will also be open
2019 christmas market
When: 24th Nov / Where: Donkey Sanctuary / Times: 10am – 4pm
Visit the Donkey Sanctuary and help to raise funds for a wonderful cause while wandering around the stalls and enjoying the entertainment.
- 30 Christmas stalls
- crafts and local artisan makers
- an indoor Christmas market
- live music from ‘Airwaves Children’s Wind’
When: 30th Nov – 1st Dec / Where: Osborne House / Times: 11am – 7pm
Visit Queen Victoria’s house this Christmas and learn all about how the majestic Monarch transformed Christmas into what we know now, and all about the traditions we hold so dear. Osborne House will be filled with festive cheer and traditional games.
- Victorian toy makers: make your own to take home
- traditional Victorian games
- carousel, daring jesters and fire shows
- Father Christmas has made his home
- carol singers
- humorous retelling of Dickens’ A Christmas Carol
- Father Christmas turns on the lights
- mulled wine and softly lit grounds
When: 30th Nov – 24th Dec / Where: IOW Steam Railway
Jump on the festive steam train and enjoy the atmosphere and entertainment. Take a journey on the train before exploring the seasonal market.
- Christmas music, entertainment and magic shows
- Santa’s sparkling Winter Wonderland
- have a 10 mile round trip through the island
- bustling Christmas market
- stalls from local makers
- presents arriving on the North Pole shuttle