Our brand new retreat in the heart of the Lake District offers fantastic facilities, as well as being close to many events during half term
Half term in the Lake District means exploring the region to your heart’s content, set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, you’ll marvel at the scenery around you and enjoy the long walks available, before returning to your stunning lodge accommodation in the Lake District. If the weather isn’t on your side and you prefer to stay dry, there are lots of events inside in the surrounding areas to keep all the family happy!
Keswick film festival
Where: Theatre by the Lake
When: 16th – 19th Feb
Anchored within the stunning Lakeland landscape, the festival will take you all over the world through the screen, you’ll visit places where the majesty of the natural environment shapes the lives, loves and futures of the characters that live there and you will live it right alongside them. With a poetry theme throughout, it explores the creative process of the makers, and sometimes the tortured souls who bring us exquisite writings ranging from 16th Century England to South American in the 20th Century. A brand new Critics Award means you can share your own views, and challenge the opinions of those that can often make or break a film. During the festival there will be thought-provoking documentaries, special guests and, of course, the best from film festivals around the world! There is an option of a festival pass if you don’t want to miss a single thing, or you can pay for individual film passes if there are only a few that tickle your fancy.
half term at Rheged Centre
The Rheged Centre has lots of events on over half term for all the family including:
- Make Your Own Mad Hatter’s Hat workshop on 24th Feb – Where you can make your own crazy and fancy hat to rival the Hatter’s himself! With a rang of colourful collage materials, ribbons and jewels all included to help personalise your hat
- 3D Printing Workshop on 20th Feb – Back by popular demand, Arts Manager John Stokes will help you discover exciting technology and learn how to use simple design software to create and print your own model.
- Film Making Animation on 21st Feb – Here you can have a go at creating your very own stop motion animations, with help from educator and animator Sheryl Jenkins. She will inspire you to design and make your own weird and wonderful creations and bring them to life using animations apps you can use at home!
- Join the Spy Academy on 22nd Feb – calling would be spies, join in and train to be an Agent! Learn how to take fingerprints, use a code cracker and solve some cryptic clues, master tricking team building games and find out who’s been causing all sorts of trouble around Rheged! At the end of the training, all Agents’ will receive a certificate and finer print key ring to take home.
- Professor Pumpernickel’s Mind Bending Science Show on 23rd Feb – Roll up and witness Profession Pumpernickel’s greatest science show on earth! He’s on a mission to inspire all future inventors, explorers, life savers and even super heroes! The show includes fire, explosions and mind bending magic!
- Woodstone Learning on 21st Feb – make your own shield and sword from willow, this workshop is back by popular demand from all would-be Knights! Don’t fancy a shield or sword? No problem, create a beautiful heart decoration instead!
With something for everyone in the Lake District this half term, Keswick Reach is the place to be!
Happy Half Term Exploring Ladies & Gents!