With two stunning destinations in the Lake District, Darwin Escapes offers you the perfect place to enjoy a winter getaway in the UK. Thanet Well Lodge Retreat offers a beautiful range of accommodation, each boasting a private decking where you can enjoy the outstanding views of the Penrith landscape. Enjoy the sheer tranquillity here.
Winner of the Hoseasons Best in Britain Award two years running, Keswick Reach Lodge Retreat is home to stunning facilities and beautiful accommodation. Book your luxury winter break away and explore the local area this festive season.
There are a wide range of Christmas markets to discover in Cumbria this year, read our post below and plan your festive break…
Blackwell Arts & Crafts House autumn crafts fair
When: 16th – 17th Nov
Blackwell Arts & Crafts House is hosting a fantastic crafts fair in a truly artistic surrounding. Wander the stalls and buy a one-of-a-kind gift for your special someone.
- stalls to wander
- gifts from the finest craft producers
- festive treats in the Tea Room
Keswick victorian fayre
When: 1st Dec / Where: Keswick town / Times: 10:30am – 4pm
Make sure to wrap up warm at this outdoor event where you’ll see the most wonderful Victorian costumes while getting into the festive spirit.
- 30 charity stalls
- family festive entertainment
- Santa and Mrs Claus will arrive in a reindeer-drawn sleigh
- children’s funfair
- live music and dance performances
- a carol service
When: December Weekends / Where: Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway / Limited availability, book now
Although this Christmas event isn’t a fair, it couldn’t be missed off the list as it is a huge hit with all ages every year. This is a very popular event and booking is essential not to miss out.
- 1 and ½ hours of festive entertainment
- Jump on board and join in with the panto
- festive drinks await
- carol singers
- Santa will arrive in the next carriage
- choose a gift from Santa
When: 14th & 15th Dec / Where: Windermere / Times: 10am – 4pm
Now in its fourth year, the Christmas Celebration is one of the fastest growing and most popular markets in Winderemere, with fun activities and shopping.
- over 50 stalls
- fresh food produce
- festive food and drink
- local makers and creators
- outdoor ice staking rink
- snow cannons
- live music
- santa’s grotto
When: 2nd Nov – 23rd Dec / Where: Hayes Garden World
Wander around the gardening centre for the perfect gift and picturesque Christmas decoration, then head into the spectacular Festive Maze for an adventure!
- a popular annual attraction
- festive lights to guide you
- jingle bells and artificial snow
- lots of interactive fun
- journey past the polar bears and penguins snowball fight
- marvel at the secret elf rooms
- enter the wooden Santa’s Grotto