Darwin Escapes boasts two wonderful locations in Devon for you to enjoy a festive break away with us and explore the Christmas market in the area
Book your winter getaway with us at Hawkchurch Resort & Spa in Axminster, South Devon or opt for a winter beach break at our Beach Cove Coastal Retreat in Ilfracombe, North Devon.
Both resorts are perfectly located to discover what the local area has on offer this festive season and we’ve listed the best Christmas markets in Devon here for you to visit too!
christmas shopping fayre
When: 29th Nov – 1st Dec / Where: Westpoint
3 days of fabulous festive shopping awaits you at this Christmas fayre. The event has been going for 28 years and is still just as popular as ever, with more stalls for you to find that perfect festive gift.
- Over 250 stalls
- Many new exhibitors
- 100’s of new designers lines to look at
- Christmas decorations
- Jewellery, handcrafted gifts, artisan makers
- Santa’s Grotto
North Devon christmas markets
When: 7th Dec / Where: Braunton / Times: 12 – 9pm
Head to the largest outdoor Christmas market in North Devon at Braunton, where you can get all the festive feels going with hundreds of stalls filled with goodies.
- over 150 stalls
- arts and crafts
- festive food and drink available
- games and rides
- entertainment for all the family
- local makers and traders offering unique gifts
When: 8th Dec / Where: Ocean Exmouth / Times: 10:30am – 6pm
This market is all about the delicious festive food on offer! Get all your Christmas dinner ingredients here, as well as all those festive goodies we love at this time of year.
- a foodies dream market
- cakes, brownies and goodies
- fresh main meal ingredients
- Christmas decorations also available
Hartland christmas farmers market
When: 22nd Dec / Where: Hartland Parish Hall / Times: 10am – 1:30pm
Head to Hartland for this special Christmas farmers market which is perfect for all the fresh produce for your festive dinner. Arts and crafts are also available too!
- 30 stalls of fresh produce
- cheese, herbs, veg and meat
- cakes, honey, chocolate, wine and treats
- arts and crafts stalls
- artisan candle stalls
- cooked breakfasts on offer in the café
When: 4th Dec / Where: Market Square, Newton Abbot
Pop along to Newton Abbot this festive season for a fantastic Victorian themed night out, where you can learn about how the era influenced our traditions and enjoy plenty of entertainment along the way!
- a wonderful themed charity event
- festive street entertainment
- local choir will be singing carols
polar express pyjama party
When: 14th Dec / Where: Marine Theatre, Lyme Regis / Times: 2pm start / Prices: £4.50
Although this isn’t a Christmas market, this really is an event you can’t miss! Don your favourite festive pj’s for a magical movie showing in the Marine Theatre.
- not a Christmas market
- wear your pj’s for a festive movie showing
- watch the Tom Hank’s classic the Polar Express
- Father Christmas and the Station Master will be there too!