our green credentials
Darwin Escapes is committed to minimising our impact on the natural environment as much as possible. Going green is our way of helping with the efforts towards global warming and reduction in pollution and waste.
All of our lodges and on-site facilities have been fitted with low energy bulbs and our holiday resort pools are specially insulated and covered to reduce the energy required to generate the heat.
We have also been futureproofing our most recent developments in Keswick Reach Lodge Resort, Norfolk Woods Resort &Spa and Rivendale Lodge Retreat by putting in charging points near our reception areas.
our eco friendly holiday resorts
We believe that good environmental practice is a fundamental corporate responsibility of a business. After all, this is the key to providing a sustainable world for future generations to enjoy.
Not only do we work with eco lodge manufacturers in the UK to ensure we are providing the latest eco-friendly accommodation but we also work with local suppliers to make sure everything we are obtaining is made from sustainable sources.
We have partnerships and memberships with local wildlife trusts to gain their expertise and guidance when it comes to looking after the nature surrounding our parks and by creating small insect hotels, we are encouraging even the smallest of visitors to come and stay in luxury on our park.
We are proud of our green credentials and believe it’s important for our guests to feel like they can enjoy their luxury eco escape guilt free in the knowledge they are doing their own part in saving the planet!
- Low energy bulbs fitted throughout holiday park facilities and accommodation
- Swimming pool covers utilised to reduce the energy required to heat them
- WCs with a low volume dual flush
- Natural wildflowers planted on-site to encourage birds and butterflies
- Insect Hotels available for smaller guests
- Working with local suppliers to obtain products from sustainable sources
- Sensor lighting utilised throughout our resorts
- All of our parks are designed to retain natural trees
- Building materials sourced from local quarries and suppliers
- Waste oil is recycled into bio fuel