Enjoy a fun day of golf with one of our fantastic sporting legends in aid of charity at The Springs Golf Club!
As one of the most popular golf clubs in Oxfordshire, The Springs is set within a 133 acres of a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with a beautifully built golf course to test and challenge all skill sets. And on the 7th June, you could be challenging your skill with a sporting legend in aid of Reach Out, a mentoring charity for children and young adults. There will also be a charity auction all in aid of Reach Out.
The teams will undertake a Texas Scramble over the 18 hole golf course, in teams of 4, with either 3 players and 1 legend for £1200, or 4 players (no legend) for £600 entry fee. The legends will be placed in a team via a live draw, which will featured a live Facebook event for you to see how it all unfolds and who is placed on what team!
the sporting legends
Keep an eye on the website for more detailed information about our cast of sporting legends*, but below is to roll call and where you will know them from:
- Will Greenwood – a former Rugby Union player, who was part of the 2003 England World Cup winning squad!
- Matthew Hoggard – a former English cricketer who played for the national team between 2000 and 2008. Was captain of Leicestershire from 2010 to 2013.
- Monty Panesar – a current English international cricketer, a popular fixture in the cricketing world.
- Scott Quinnell – a Welsh former Rugby Union and Rugby League player, gained 52 caps for Wales and 7 of them were as Captain.
- Nick Gubbins – an up and coming England player, who currently plays for Middlesex.
- Zinzan Brooke – a former New Zealand Rugby Union player. He once held the record for most tries scored by a forward in International games.
Don’t forget to like our page on Facebook to see our live Facebook event of the drawing of the teams!
To learn more about the event and how you can book your team into the tournament, check out our official Sporting Legends Golf Day page.