Cheddar Woods FAQ's
frequently asked questions
Do you have a question about Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa that needs answering? You can find a selection of answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Cheddar Woods is located just off the A371 near the Cheddar Reservoir. If you’re traveling from the North then take the M5 South just past Weston-Super-Mare. If you’re coming from the South then head for the A37 until Shepton Mallet.
Set your satnav to postcode: BS27 3DB.
Yes, Cheddar Woods is pet-friendly for both owners and holiday guests.
If you are a holiday guest, please make sure to add your pet onto your booking.
Please note: we allow pets in dedicated areas within the main building but ask for no dogs within formal dining areas in the Bistro, the Farm Shop or leisure areas.
We are ideally located close to some of the best Somerset attractions. Cheddar Gorge is 2 miles East from the park, around 5 minutes by car.
Yes, our facilities are open to the public. Contact reception for prices and membership options – 01934 742610
Your membership will allow full use of the facilities all year round. You will also have 10% off food, costa and drink from the Bistro and 10% off GoActive activites.
Cheddar Woods is open for 12 months of the year for holiday guests.
We operate a 11 month open season for owners, as we are non-residential park.
- Cheddar Woods facilities include; pool, sauna and steam room, and are available to any guests staying on site for free and available to Spa Day users and members of our resort. The facilities are located separately to the Spa.
- Please be aware we require 24 hours notice for cancellations to enable you to be refunded for a cancelled appointment.
- You must be over 18 to have a treatment at Eden Spa unless a teen appropriate treatment is booked and the Spa have been notified.
- Please advise us if you are pregnant, and of any known allergies or medical conditions. If we are not advised of any condition or pregnancy which causes risk to you by having a treatment, we reserve the right to cancel your treatment and no refund will be offered.
- Due to limited capacity; if more than 2 treatments are booked within your group we will perform similar treatments at similar times within your group in our double room together.
- We recommend arriving 5 minutes prior to your appointment time, you can complete a consultation form at our Spa Waiting Area, located within main reception. The therapist will then come to bring you to the Spa at the time of your appointment.
- If you are using facilities change out of any wet swimwear prior and come dressed for your appointment.
- We reserve the right to terminate any treatments in the event of any inappropriate behaviour.
There are number of local supermarkets within a 10 minute drive. Please click the button below to view all your options.
We’re close the famous Gorge, and only a short walk to the charming village of Cheddar with tea rooms and the only Cheddar Cheese Shop. Find out more on our local area page below.
Yes, please follow the same strict rules you would outside the park. We strongly advise that, for your protection, if you or any member of your family or guests use or ride bicycles, skateboards, scooters or heelies; please wear helmets and reflective clothing.
Cheddar Woods Access Statement
Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa is set in a pleasant partially wooded safe environment with soft and hard landscaped grounds as well as open areas which gives good separation between vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
Pedestrian access through the park is by way of wide flat footpaths or alternatively quiet roadways provide easy direct access although the main road route does have a small gradient and some pedestrian areas are cobble effect although do not normally create any obstruction.
Good low and high level lighting around the park in the evening. There are large car park areas with some designated parking for disabled.
Most lodges have up to three steps to enter the accommodation but some units are specialist disabled accessible and others offer ramp access only. Service dogs are welcome.
The leisure facilities have wide access suitable for wheelchairs, have toilet facilities suitable for wheelchair access. The swimming pool has a designated large changing facility and access to low level lockers, access to the pool is by 6 small steps or a hoist is available.
The remainder of the complex is accessible for wheel chair users and offers accommodating staff who are available to assist at all times. The reception desk has information on local attraction and transport suitable for the disabled, has lowered desk areas and is easily accessible for wheelchair users.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information
We’re pet-friendly, but do have a few rules to ensure the park can be enjoyed by pet-owners and non-pet-owners alike.
We ask that no dogs, pets, or animals of any kind may occupy a non pet unit without the prior permission of the Park Manager. (This can be achieved by including your pet on your booking form to ensure you are allocated a pet-friendly unit).
- We allow dogs inside the complex but they must stay to designated areas. They are allowed in Reception and certain areas of the Bistro but we do not allow dogs in the shop, leisure areas or formal dining areas (excluding guide dogs).
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times (unless in the dedicated dog areas) and prevented from fouling.
- All fouling should be disposed of immediately in an appropriate manner.
- In accordance with the Dangerous Dog Act 1991, the following breeds of dog are not permitted anywhere on the park at any time: Pit-bull Terrier Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, Fila Braziliero as well as any other breed at the Park Manager’s discretion.
Are you looking to take two dogs on holiday? Please could you kindly call our helpful booking team on 0345 498 6595.
Yes, access to the resort is controlled by a car registration plate recognition barrier system and there is CCTV throughout the holiday park.
Unfortunately we don’t at the moment. Please ask at reception to find out where the closest ones are.
No, the distribution of power to the units cannot sustain prolonged high usage.
Check-ins are available from 16:00.
If you are likely to arrive after 18:00, please call our resort reception team on 01934 742 610 to let them know.
Check-in for selected accommodation is from 14:00, please see your booking confirmation of our check-in time.
Check-out time is at 10:00 am on the day of your departure. We kindly ask that you leave your accommodation as you found it.
Yes, there is parking next to all our lodges.
Yes, it is and guests should use the postcode BS27 3DB., you can then put your lodge number and the park name in the delivery notes.
Yes you may have a BBQ, but we do ask that you take care and you are required to use the racks for hire.
The BBQ racks are for hire via reception, and we also sell disposable BBQs. The racks have to be fitted by our team to the decking.
We do not have any DVD players on the lodge retreat.
Yes, towels are provided.
All of our holiday lodges are equipped with fridge freezers.
Yes, part-exchange packages are available regardless of your tourer’s age or condition. We can even offer part-exchange packages with an existing static caravan or lodge that is sited on another company’s holiday park.
This will depend on your chosen holiday home and the plots currently available.
Our team will be on hand to help you find the perfect spot for you, call our team for more information on 0800 717 707.
For all the information site fees, please read our dedicated page by clicking the button below.
This will depend on your chosen holiday home and other factors.
We do have a rough guide of your running costs on our finance guide page, please click the button below for more information or call our friendly team on 0800 717 707.
No, we are a non-residential holiday resort.